Sunday, August 23, 2009

Exam results :-o

Ok, I've left you hanging long enough.

I PASSED!!

I am officially Ashley M Hall, ATC!! (Certified Athletic Trainer)

For those who don't know, an Athletic Trainer is not a personal trainer.

Athletic trainers
are health care professionals who specialize in the prevention, assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of injury and illness, especially those which are musculoskeletal in nature.

Athletic trainers are commonly know for taping ankles, "rub-downs", and on-field emergency response during a football game, but we are much more than that. Football, and other traditional sports are a familiar setting for Athletic Trainers, but they can also be found employed in Military, Physical Therapist offices, performing arts, occupational settings, professional rodeo, and other extreme sports. The industry is really expanding! It's very exciting.

Athletic trainers are educated in injury/illness prevention, first aid and emergency care, assessment of injury/illness, human anatomy and physiology, therapeutic modalities, and nutrition. A bachelors degree in Athletic Training is required, along with current emergency response certification, a national certification and various state requirements (in Utah, one must be licensed). However, 70% of Athletic Trainers have a Master's degree or higher! Once certified, one must complete CEU's - continuing education units to remain up-to-date.

I really love being a stay-at-home mom, but if I have to work, I would really love to be at the High School level. I would really like to get more experience in the rehabilitaion aspect of athletic training, so I may try to find something at a PT office to start out. We shall see!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Woohoo! Congratulations, Ash!

Tif said...

Way to go Smash! I'm so proud. I know that if I were injured playing sports you'd be the first one I'd want to help me :)