Friday, May 27, 2011

Last Day!!!

Today is my last day of work. Well, technically yesterday was, but I have to go in to finish up paperwork, clean up and put things away.
I've been sporadically telling the kids that I wont be here next year. It makes me a little sad to leave, for the kids at least, but I'm pleased when I get reactions of sadness and objection from my athletes. It tells me how much I truly am appreciated.
I have really enjoyed this Spring season. Everything was way more laid back. I had lots of athletes in for maintenance issues (stretching and massage type) rather than lots of injuries. It was also nice to be outside, even though nearly every game was in the cold wind, rain or even snow! All the athletes were very warm and personable. I made a lot of friends. I will especially miss the softball girls, most of which will be back next year. They were especially sad to see me go. Baseball too. I spent a lot of time with them working their sore arms from throwing. A pitcher's throw is very un-natural and they get all messed up if not taken care of. Maybe next year they will be a little less moody (their coach was kind of moody and set everybody off). Cute kids though. I was able to travel with them to a St. George tournament and just had a lot of fun!
Soccer made it to the State championship game. They played last night at Rio Tinto stadium. It was fun to be at a pro stadium, but they lost. :( Sad day. They battled hard the whole game, but especially the 2nd half. Kids who would normally cramp from dehydration were hydrated, but still cramping from sheer exhaustion! Poor guys! Better luck next year Bruins.

No comments: