Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 1 NATA conference

Day 1 in the Crescent City, was great, mostly. I woke up still tired, my eyes burning, but got on my way. There is a little grocery store next door to the hotel, thats more like a glorified convenient store, over priced and all. Bought some breakfast then jumped on the street trolley to get to the conference center. I didnt really know where I was going, so I ended up getting off too early and walking a bunch. Let me tell you, 10 blocks in heals, not a good idea. By the time I got there, I had wicked blisters on multiple locations on each foot. A couple of bandaids and I was good to go, although they still killed! At least they werent getting worse. Well, needless to say, I walked many, many more blocks today and was much less productive because of it. But, I had a good excuse to try all the vendors products! Found some good new stuff even.
I also ate some dynamite food. Shrimp gumbo for lunch was AMAZING!! So yummy. Then Thai flavored bone-in ribs for dinner. Awwwhhh. My mouth waters just thinking about them. I am having a wonderful time.
Other than the blisters and lots of walking it's been fun. Even when I wondered off on a slower street that smelled like urine and weed, that was still a fun adventure! Well, I learned some stuff, and saw some colleagues. Tomorrow is a BYU alumni reunion and more fun education! I will be purchasing new shoes and walking much less, eating more good food, etc. As for now... SLEEP!

No comments: