Sunday, May 9, 2010

Anxiously awaiting

Well, no news is good news, right?? This is me trying to be positive. The fact is, my labs haven't come back yet, and it's nearly maddening! The lab told me it would take 3 days. My doctor told me it would take a week. I'm thinking, Monday to Friday, right? NOPE. Doc meant 1 full week. Monday to Monday, if not longer! Seriously, does it really take that long to look at a blood sample? Anyway, I've mostly kept busy to keep my mind off of it, but of course, it's always in thought.

Last Saturday and Sunday were horrible (especially Sunday) because the baby decided he was going to take a few days off. Saturday his movements were pretty weak and less often. Then the first half of the day on Sunday his movements were few and far between and still weaker than normal. I was worried, but tried to stay clam and not be stressed, but I think I was anyway, which probably made it worse, mentally for me and physically for the baby. Then the later part of Sunday he was moving more normally and he went crazy around 9pm, his regular super active time. So my mind was reassured that he was okay, for the time being.

Speaking of hard Sundays, every Sunday is kind of a nightmare around our house. Today has been especially hair-pulling. You see, we go to the married student ward and there are 9 wards in our twin-chapel building. Our ward starts at 12:10pm - lunchtime, and nap time is at 1pm. So, it makes for a really long day when her lunch is thrown off and she misses her nap. By the time we get out, it's time for her to eat again, but she's so dang tired, she usually falls asleep on the way home or shortly thereafter. Then she doesn't sleep well cuz she's hungry. Thus, she wakes up ornery and basically stays that way until she finally goes to sleep at bedtime. Ahhhh! And to make it worse, today she woke up early and on the wrong side of the bed. It's been an awesome Mother's Day! (Do you sense the sarcasm!???)
[Eyes closed. Inhale. Blow away the frustration.]

On the upside, Azilyn loves her baby brother and is going to be an great big sister! She is always wanting to give baby brother hugs and often recounts the day at the OB when she "heard the baby's heartbeat in Mommy's tummy. Sounds like a siren," she says. Then she wants to hold the baby. And, she will tell you baby brother's name if you ask her. It's so cute!

This past Saturday I had a baby shower and one of the girls that came has a two month old who is still very tiny and cute! Anyway, she walked in and Azilyn got all excited for the "baay-beee!" She immediately went to comfort him since he was being a little fussy and she stroked his head very gently. Then she laid her head on his legs and gave him a hug. It was adorable, and somewhat comforting that she was so good with him. I think she's more prepared for her baby brother to come than I am.

3 comments:

Becky R. said...

Thinking and praying for you still. Hang in there!

Azilyn just cracks me up. She is SMART! What an amazing little girl. Sorry Sundays are so rough.

Keep up all your great work! Love ya.

Christy said...

My favorite is when she would ask to hold all the baby's gifts at the shower and then show them to everyone else with excitement like she had just opened them herself.

SuperStokes said...

That is so adorable! She is so cute and smart! She is going to be a great big sister! These are times that are so fun to watch. Your doing great!