Monday, January 4, 2010

The best of what's new

Okay, now that everyone has stopped reading my blog since I'm such a slacker, I will write again. I was hoping by now to have some pictures of Halloween and Christmas and other fun things, but alas, I really am a slacker. I blame it on camera issues. I may be doing some back-blogging once I actually get the pictures on my computer!
Anyway, lots has happened in the last few monthes. Okay, not really. But, we do have some exciting news that we finally broke before Christmas. We are expecting baby number 2! Yeah!!
I have known I was prego since before Halloween, I just didn't want to spill the beans so soon. My first trimester was worse than with Azilyn. No vomiting, but I was super nauseous all the time. Eating didn't help, in fact it often made it worse, or just stayed the same. I was miserable! Had no desire to move, or eat, though I needed to do both often since Azilyn is an energizer bunny and I babysit my neighbor's kids 3x/week.
Differences with this pregnancy: more sick more often, more irritable (poor Danny and Azilyn! They deal with an awful lot), less patient, more emotional, less appitite, not as much weight gain (cuz I'm not eating a full meal every two hour!), not showing as soon (weird, I know), more suseptible to illness (wicked colds, abcessed tonsil, it seems like there was more), more sensitive to smells, etc. On the up side, I have felt the baby more. Not so much moving, but bulging. It's weird and cool. The uncool part is that I have to pee more and it's already annoying to have Azilyn sit on my lap because she love to sit, and bounce on my tummy.
Good thing I'm feeling less nauseated now! And, really, I'm not complaining, just sharing. Everytime I feel like complaining, I am reminded of so many friends and family that have infertility issues and would give anything to be sick with a baby. It's humbling.
It is, however, because of all these undesirables that I think it's a boy. Boys are always more trouble, right!? Ha. It probably will be a boy and totally opposite of Azilyn - chill, not as active, has his own (slow) time-table for making baby milestones, hates to bounce, hate pears, takes naps willingly. That's what makes each pregnancy so exciting (and scary)! You never know what you're going to get.
What ever happens, we are so excited to have our family grow! Yeah! And it's even more exciting that I have two cousins due a month on either side of me. I'm due June 18th, they are due in May and July. Cool!

No comments: