Friday, January 22, 2010

Vegas or Bust

So, Danny went to Vegas this week. When a friend asked me why he was there, I told her that he left me for a showgirl named Lola. Ha! She didn't get it. I laughed pretty hard. No, really, he just went down there for the "home builder's challenge," a competition team he was on with some guys at school. They were given some specs on an HOA project and had a few months to put together all the details as if they were really going to build it. It was a pretty cool project. I was worried that they wouldn't do well cuz they procrastinated putting it all together. After they presented, however, Danny felt really good about it and said that they did awesome. The judges gave them some really great compliments and only had a few questions for them, where they really reamed some of the other teams. I'm thinking, that could be a good thing...or not. Well, he called me last night after the awards ceremony to say that they didn't do so well after all. I guess when you procrastinate, you overlook the details that really make the difference. But, I don't care that they didn't place, I am still so proud of him! I think it was a really good learning experience, and it will look good on a resume that he even participated! And, now he can come home! Yea!!! He's been gone since Tuesday and gets home today! Hooray! We have missed him.

No comments: