Monday, June 8, 2009

More, please

We made it to Oklahoma! And, our new apartment is great! Two bed/bath and a large living room for Azilyn to do laps, while pushing the exercise ball. It's great. Our apt is minimally furnished and no tv. I havent really been watching much anyway. Chasing Azilyn around is a full time job. Not much time for anything else. I do actually get dinner made, but it's usually been after she goes to bed. That's one nice thing about having Danny out working late.

So, we got to OK on Friday and Danny had to finish up his licensing. He's already done state licensing, but he had to get a separate one for OK city with a picture, signature, and mini print affidavit right on it. I'm telling ya, OK is the most regulated state. Their parking meters are even regulated by city ordinance and it tells you the ordinance after you put in the money! Strange. Anyway, the picture lady left work early for a dr’s appt and no one else could press a little button, so Danny had to wait until today to get everything done. That means he missed work on Saturday. Which sucks because Sat’s a big selling day. While I was glad to have the day with him, I really didn’t have him because he was catching up on his homework. Did I mention he’s taking online classes??
What a crazy summer! Crazy for him, really. I’m having a pretty good time actually.
We did get to go swimming together as a family though.

Yesterday we went to my Aunt Aleen’s house (my Dad’s sister) for dinner. She only lives 45 min to an hour from us. It was sooo great to see her and meet all of her family. I mean I’ve met them before, but I don’t really know them. Since they live so far from UT, it’s a rare occasion to see them. We just talked and ate a fantastic roast and potatoes, etc., ate cake, played in her beautiful, very kid friendly yard, jumped on the tramp. It really felt like being home. My Uncle Bert (Aleen’s husband) just LOVED Azilyn. She was being such a riot too. Skwaking and talking and mimicking people. There was this big antique grape decoration on the coffee table (you know the ones only old people have). Azilyn wanted to touch it so bad, but we’d tell her no and she’d pull her hand back just before touching it and do a little antsy dance. I wish I had got it on camera, but I was too busy disciplining (and laughing)! It was so funny.

It seems like Azilyn does something new every day. A few days ago I showed her the sign (sign language) for please and more. She caught on to please almost right away (rubbing more of her side than her chest – hilarious!), but more is a little harder. So, before dinner yesterday, I snitched a roll and gave her a little bit. She was glad; she clapped her hands. So, I put her down and let her run around. I went in the other room. The next thing I know, she’s doing the sign for more. I couldn’t believe she was really doing it, and I really didn’t think she knew what she was doing. I pick her up and she points toward the kitchen, so I took her over to the rolls and she leans over to grab one! SHE WANTED MORE ROLL! Crazy!! I’m still a little stunned.

Well, Danny is working today. Yeah! Azilyn is sleeping right now. Super yeah! And, I got a shower today. All really is well. We live a simple life. And I’m grateful.

(I was going to include some pictures, but I cant find the cords to my camera. Sorry)

No comments: