Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My First Job

I got a job! I am the new Athletic Trainer at Mountain View High School. Yeah! I actually got the job about 3 weeks ago, but I don't start (officially) until August 9th. It's really seemed surreal and I've been super busy, so I haven't had a chance to write about it.
The job fell in my lap, really, but I believe the Lord was putting things in place to make it possible. Several months ago I ran into a kid at the grocery store who was in the program with me at BYU. I told him I was looking for something and he told me he'd let me know when he knew of something. Well, it's not very often people actually remember those kind of conversation, but lo and behold, he did. After calling me, he gave my number to his boss (I was hired threw a physical therapy clinic), and within a few hours, I was interviewed and hired! It was pretty crazy.
The job is only part-time, about 20 hours a week, which is great for being a mom, but makes for a poke-in-the-eye salary, and really, not very good coverage for all sports, considering a quarter of that is the Varsity football game alone, but it brings in a little money and gets my foot in the door for some experience. I'm excited, but super nervous. It's a lot of resposability and to be quite honest, I'm a little rusty after being away from everything for more than two years. Yikes!
Please pray for me! I'll need all the help I can get.

2 comments:

Hall Family of 5 said...

Well congrats Ashley. That is exciting too bad you don't live a lot closer. Then I could help out in anyway I could. Congrats on the job that is great news.

Christy said...

Yay! Congrats! You'll do great!