Thursday, July 29, 2010

Potty training progress??

So, after Azilyn's bath, she loves to watch Signing Time. This gives me the opportunity to style her hair and get her dressed without much opposition. Sometimes, we just leave her naked in hopes that she will make it to the potty without the restriction of clothing. Well, lately she's been going pee occasionally, but she always wants her diaper put on before she has to poo.
Well, this morning we've been quite busy, so she managed to pee in the potty with minimal help, like 4 times. Only once, before the big pee, did she trickle down her leg some (quite funny actually). So, I'm in changing Tolson's diaper and I hear, "Mom, MOM, MOM! I'm on the potty." She was calling for help. "Okay, stay on the potty til I come help you." (She loves to get off and look at her accomplishment, then she makes a mess everywhere). This time, she stayed on. So I come in the living room (where her 'little potty' is placed) and there are two decent sized turds trailing toward the little potty. So I'm thinking, 'oh great, she pooped on the carpet, then sat on the potty to try and weasel a treat out of it.' NOPE! There, in her potty was a man sized turd! She was just a little slow getting to the potty, BUT she did it all by herself! I'm so proud! We might actually be making some progress.

No comments: