Friday, July 30, 2010

Birthday "Party"

Yesterday we had a belated "birthday party" for Azilyn. And the only reason I can feel like it was a party, is because she had like 20 presents. Grandma Gaile went a lot overboard. We got her a sleeping bag, shoes, some dresses (that will aid in potty training without having her be totally naked), and sidewalk chalk, which she referred to as chop sticks (she was going for chalk sticks!). Grandma went crazy at IKEA and got a bunch of stuff for Azilyn's play kitchen - dishes utensils, play food, etc. She was quite spoiled.
When I saw the enormous pile of presents I made the comment that it only goes downhill from here. I'm sure she'll just get less and less presents every year, and yet still have some to open on her 20th birthday.
Anyway, we went swimming again. Azilyn, of course, had fun, but probably not as much fun if Papi would have been there. Danny was in the park making us a most delicious dutch oven dinner. Yum! Potatoes, Beans, and Ribs! We are so lucky to have such a great Papi! Claire and her girls came. Grandma Yvonne and Grandpa Terry were there too. Thanks a million for a great party everyone. (I forgot my camera, again, so I'll have to back-blog some pics here when I get them from Grandma)

No comments: