Friday, May 1, 2009

First Week in Wichita

I can't believe we've been here a week already! Time flies. I'm a few days behind on posting what's been going on because I've been so busy unpacking, trying to get the baby back on schedule and trying to keep my milk in. The last two things really conflict with each other, and take a lot of attention.
Well, Danny's first day of selling was Monday. AND...he
did awesome!! He got his first sale, and the only sale on his team, besides his manager, who's been selling for like 6-7 years. YEAH for Danny! We are so proud of him. I think Danny is glad to be out here, since now his wife takes better care of him. I have had something for dinner every night this week! I keep things picked up, except the baby toys, and the maid helps with the cleaning once a week! Yea for a maid. We are currently staying in an extended-stay place, kind like Marriott's Residence Inn. Furnished, a select few dishes, dishwasher, AC, continental breakfast, free laundromat. It works well.
Azilyn has had fun exploring her new surroundings. We have stairs which go up to a loft bedroom and she loves to climb them, with me right behind, of course. Though, she tries to attempt them without me plenty.
She is also learning to climb other things. Yesterday she climbed up on the couch for the first time! Of course, that was without a cushion on it. We use that to block the stairway. And, every time I open the fridge, she turbo crawls over and climbs up the shelves inside. Oh, and she finally discovered she can climb on the open dishwasher door. Great! Now she can really reach the knives in the silverware basket. Darn baby! She is the cutest lil stinker though. Who can resist, honestly?
Here are some of the fun new things about Azilyn:
she has four teeth (som
etimes not so fun actually), she waves goodbye (more like flapping her whole arm - SO cute!), she surprised us with peekaboo today after climbing on the couch, she's trying to say uh-oh but only gets the uh part, and she loves tags of all varieties. I had to deter her from one that was on the flexi-pipe on the toilet. Yea, gross! My favorite is the one on the underside of her highchair, but hers is the one on her bib. I dont understand why she wants it in her mouth, even when it's full already?? I might as well not put it on because if she sees the tag, that's the end of her clean clothes.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Looks like I'll have to send you one of Lindy's Taggie Books! Yeah, the dishwasher is Lindy's favorite place and I hate it!