Sunday, May 24, 2009

Week 4, I think

Well, we’ve been in Wichita a month now. Danny’s working hard and continuing to make little improvements with his sales pitch. That means only good things to come, right!? I’m not really sure when we’ll get to Oklahoma City. We started off in Wichita so all the salesmen and installation technicians could pass all the licensing tests they have to take for OK, but apparently, not everyone has passed them, and it seems like they may never. Darn technicians.

Anyway, today we had a relaxing Sabbath. We bbq’d and played games with our neighbors. Azilyn wanted to play cards and was pretty upset when we wouldn’t let her. So she waddled off pouting. When it became quiet, I looked over to see her sneaking up the stairs! She made it up two or three before I rushed over and startled her. Don’t worry, she didn’t fall down, she just began laughing her head off!! It was so funny. She was laughing so hard she even pooped her pants! HaHaHa. She made my gut hurt, I was laughing so much! Oh, what a joy. Azilyn is walking everywhere now. She does really well. She even walks down the stairs, with help of course, but she doesnt want to try and crawl down backwards like I've taught her. She'll go one or two steps, stand up, turn around and grab me. Then she steps down like a big girl. It's so funny, but she does pretty well. She is pretty obedient too, but I still have to watch her like a hawk to make sure she doesnt attempt them on her own.

Yesterday was my birthday. Danny had to work all day. That sucked, but my day was great. I did nothing – that was the great part. I had dishes and laundry and other stuff, and I gave myself the day off. I just chilled out at home with Azilyn. Did like one row of crochet, fed Azilyn some pepperoni pizza. It was hilarious. She got it everywhere. Anyone know how to get pizza sauce, or any tomato product out of clothes? Nothing is working!

I also picked up some dry cleaning yesterday. While I was there, this weirdo guy commented on my sandals cuz he’s wearing some like mine. His were the name brand. I got mine at Payless. So he’s asking me about them – how much were they? Are they comfy? What size do I wear? So I take one off to look at the size and he asks, “Can I try it on?” WHAT!? I don’t want some weirdo stranger trying on my shoe. What if I get a fungus? So, you’d think I’d say, ‘NO, you weirdo!’ But do I? I already had it off, so I felt obligated or something. Reluctantly, I gave him my shoe. Woohoo, they fit him. I really thought he was going to mug me for the other one, but he gave it back saying something about how he doesn’t have any diseases. I didn’t really hear him cuz I was so grossed out and trying not to show it. Even more reluctantly, I put the shoe back on and limped out the door, trying not to press my precious foot into his nasty foot sweat. When I got to the car, I cleaned everything off with a baby wipe, but couldn’t find any sanitizer. Ewww! Seriously, Wichita is a weird town.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

That shoe guy is a freak! Oh my gosh!!! Sorry you had to deal with THAT! I'm glad you had a quiet happy birthday. You might try peroxide for the tomato sauce, but it works better when the stains are fresh. I miss you so much!!! Love you!

Christy said...

Yeah, that is definately WEIRD!!!