Monday, May 11, 2009

Squawk n walk

I think this week Azilyn will start walking. I’m not really sure I’m excited about this, however, she already gets in to everything. It is so fun to see her try to walk though, and sad. It’s sad because she falls a lot, but fun because it’s a new and exciting milestone.

She took her first steps before Easter and yesterday, Mother’s Day, was the first time she made many consecutive attempts at it. She randomly just stood up from sitting on the floor and took, like, 5-6 steps before falling!

I got a camcorder for my birthday (early present from my mom) and I had it right next to me and didn’t get it. Doh! I’m just not use to having it yet. I will have to figure out how to download from the camera. We have some really fun clips of her. She is so entertaining.

Everywhere we go people comment about how happy Azilyn is. She’s always squawkin and screamin. She love to stare at people (especially black people). Maybe cuz they’re all staring at her. She is very social. In fact, she does better when we’re around people than when we just play at home all day. She’ll often begin to cry when we walk in the door after being out and about.

Well, it’s the rainy season here in Kansas. I think it’s rained more than half the days since we’ve been here. It’s strange to see so much moisture. They had to cancel some of the activities at RiverFest, like paddle boats and a land/water team competition that’s kinda like a triathalon, because the river was too high and swift. They have awesome bridges with staircases down to the river, a walkway and benches by the river, most of which was covered because it’s rained so much. (Pictures later, sorry)

No comments: